Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Minha Família,

Hello, hello, hello!
It's great to talk to you this fine P-day. Truly my first real p-day!
I don't even know where to start, I have so many things to tell you. I'll respond to your emails first.

Dad,

That is so cool that you are in Afghanistan and have a calling in the church! Can you say, "your the man"?
I really do love Elder Holland, what a great man, called and ordained of God! I am so excited for you, to see the family this week para bems. I love ya Dad, your always in my prayers.

Cate+Morg,

Thanks for everything, life couldn't be better. To answer your question - I'm three or four blocks from the beach. I can see it from my window, but we never go near the beach, we travel in the opposite direction. My companion Elder Tavares has a great heart for the people here and a lot of patience with me. I love our famílias + new pesquisadores, they're the best. We had a great first week. Taught 25 lessons all together, and we have 6 pesquisadores that are waiting to set a Baptismal date. I won't usually post numbers, but I wanted to let you know what my first week was like.

Love my job,
Elder T-cheery

Momma,

Hi Mmmmooommm! Glad you got to party some last week, sounds like a ton of fun + you get to see Dad this week, Christmas came a little early I'd say ;)!

Well family, here's how my week looked, We did the same thing day after day. BUT, the best thing is we meet new people and teach different people everyday. We are always booked with lessons. Such a great feeling at the beginning of the day to know it's going to be a long hard day, because time flies! The language is pretty difficult, but Elder Tavares helps me continually. One reason is Brazilian people use a lot of slang! {lol} So it's coming along slowly. I love making our families happy and bringing them messages, ahaah so awesome. I taught basically the entire first lesson twice this week in Portuguese!

Another thing, American food, way over rated. ;')
Brazilian food is where it's at. I get a full lunch every day for free and a language lesson. It doesn't get much better than that.

Well, I better say goodbye. I wish I could write more, but I have work in 8 minutes!
I love, love, love, you all so much!
Remember to always look for a missionary experience.

Elder Tyree

No comments:

Post a Comment