Oi minha família!
Este dia é muita bonita?
Por que? Por que eu vivo aqui en São Paulo.
Então - now, I'll start talking in English. ;)
My goodness am I having the time of my life (I submit that I am).
I met with my Mission President and his Wife about three days ago.
And then again yesterday, when we were getting our area assignments.
I am by the beach, I can see it from my apartment, but we don't go anywhere near it.
My companion, one word - AMAZING.
Love Elder Tavares, Brazilian.
Only has three months left on his mission. He speaks great English!
{Mas, nós não falamos inglés muito}.
We talked forever yesterday, our personalities are very similar. We love to laugh, teach others, make friends with everyone, and being here to serve. So all together I'm very thankful that Heavenly Father answered my prayers.
Where to start? Ah yes, my first day in the field. Elder Tavares and I had a two-hour bus ride to get to our area. So its a little different than the MTC. {lol}
We arrived here and I unpacked for about ten minutes.
{By the way, my apartment is fantastic. Two stories! Living the dream!}
After unpacking, we walked 30 minutes to the church and had our weekly meeting with the Ward Mission leader Brother Bispó. Funny, funny, guy. Then right after that, we had a meeting with an investigator.
Almost turned into a bible bash, but turned out well when he told us that he wanted to come to church on Sunday!
But, he doesn't want to read the Book of Mormon.! And after he left I told Brother Bispó and Elder Tavares that he didn't want to read it ainda (yet) in Portuguese.
They started laughing pretty hard and love how I can bring laughter and hard work the moment I arrived.
That can really improve your day, because I honestly don't understand much. ;')
And don't teach much either.
But, I do what I can and I am constantly learning.
One thing we are surrounded by, that is not very good, are "snakies". {aka creepy girls}.
But Elder Tavares and I handle these problems very well and Christ-like at the same time.
That was about it for the first day. Loved every minute of it.
Dad,
You're a beast! Working in that shop n' all. Also, that car was pretty much the most fantastic thing I have seen. Maybe you should build one as well. {lol}
Hope all is well Dad. I'm excited that you get to see Momma in a few weeks. Keep up the great work!
Love,
Elder Tyree
Cate+Morgan,
Glad that all the hard stuff is getting over and done with.
I'm kinda relieved that I don't have to take any of those things out here.
Please tell Morgan BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY. He's the man.
I love it here! The Americans who have been out for almost two years are having a really difficult time conversing in English. They pause a lot to think what the word is, and sometimes they start talking in Portuguese without meaning to. I cant wait for that to happen to me! Ahah!
Love you both!
Momma,
Most of what I wrote up top, are answers to your email from last week. I'm glad to hear that you are being blessed with great friendships and church callings. You all are missed so much! This is the best work I have ever done. I'm here to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of the people of São Paulo Sul. How great this calling is!
Love you all,
Elder Tyree
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It doesn't take long for Kyle to make a positive influence on others, does it? We're so happy for him!
ReplyDeleteEvery post makes me love that kid even more!
ReplyDelete