Caramba,
Essa Semana estava mutio rapído!
Cate and Morgan,
Eu disse essa semana. Like the Portuguese? {lol}
That's awesome to hear about BYU winning, that must have been so awesome being at the game! Congrats. I'll be praying that you find a job this week Cate. But, you have to pray for me as well. Pray that I can have more patience. ;) Sometimes I'm very stressed and it gets hard. The mission is difficult, but in a way that I wasn't expecting. I'm in great shape, so physically I'm doing well. But mentally it challenges me and it can wear me down. We do almost the same thing everyday but with different people. I don't know the language very well. We work extremely hard and at the end of the day all I want to do is sleep. But - I get up everyday and say Caramba amigo, este missão é mutio rapído. Its so true, I've been out 3 months already. Anyway I hope life is going well for you both. You are in my prayers and so is Morgan.
Love you,
Elder Tyree
Dad,
I'm sorry that your two weeks are already finished, but glad that you enjoyed your time at home and at the farm as well! I miss the farm. It is so peaceful.
It definitely sounds like you and I have had similar experiences on our missions. There have been times when I'm really tired at our last appointment but I have never fallen asleep, and my companion has never fallen asleep during a lesson. I'm blessed. I taught the first lesson quite a bit this week so it helps to have a companion that's awake. ;') I might need him.
Anyway, I'm learning so much ... especially each morning during personal study. Recently, in Alma 17-31 - I have read amazing stories about Ammon and his faith. Its so important to me, to read these stories in the Book of Mormon and know of the true teachings. I'm blessed and blessed to have been raised well.
Love you Dad,
Safe journey!
Elder Tyree
Mãe,
I hear you have a stressful week ahead. I'll be praying hard for you. It's great to hear a lot of my old friends are coming to Brazil to serve missions! Such a great place. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Another blessing is to hear from my other friends, who aren't members, who are praying for me. I'm grateful for Ben, he was a good friend to me on the soccer team and I hope he's doing well. Please send him my best.
Happy that our family is doing well!
Alli + Devin ~ They will both be so big when I get home, ahh. Love Life. Send them my love.
Mom, this was a rough week for me emotionally. I was drained ... we work so hard and I still feel like we could have done more. My language skills hold me back and our baptisms seem so close. Its frustrating, so hard to explain. One minute I'm filled with the spirit so much I think I could be translated! Then you learn a baptism won't is cancelled because they're having troubles ... and this makes me sad and discouraged. Sabe?
But, the good always out weighs the bad.
Example: One family has been inactive for a very long time due to bad experience that they had in the church. Their son, who is a deacon is pretty close to me. One day after church we were walking home, I saw this same boy standing outside his house. As we started talking he invited us inside, to meet his family. They warmly welcomed us and immediately said they love the church but have a few problems with the ward. We talked for awhile and I could really tell that they enjoyed our conversation and that they gained our trust. The second visit, we talked about why they weren't attending church. By the third time, I really felt like family when I was with them. I asked them if they would like to come to church. This past Sunday all but one came to church. They were greeted perfectly, and felt right at home again.
The two most important things I learned this week are, First, that as missionaries we see the ones about to let go of the rod and lend them a piece of rope. The rope is our testimony and love for them. They still have the choice to grab hold of the rope, or not to.
This week and entire family grabbed a hold of the rope!
I see joy filled in their home once again and even though I didn't get in the water this week for a baptism, I feel like I shared my same purpose. To invite others to come unto Christ, by "HELPING THEM" receive the restored gospel.
Second, the good always out-weighs the bad. These are some of my personal thoughts for the week. I love you all very much.
Please pray that our two scheduled Baptisms will go well this week.
Love,
Elder Tyree
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment