Saturday, April 10, 2010

~ Weekly Email ~ 3/9 ~ My favorite soccer story yet!

Greetings Family,

Well it's about that time again - I'm here! Where to start?
Another transfer flew by, starting my fourth transfer already.

I'm staying with Elder Henrique for another 6 weeks. I don't have to move. I'm pretty excited actually, because he's taught me a lot, and we are starting to baptize people. Saturday, we have two. For the first time in my mission, I'll be baptizing them. ;') All of the other Baptisms have been done by others . I'm SO excited.

Today, I'm going to do this email a little differently, I'm going to talk about each person we are teaching and a little story about them.

David-15, his baptism is this weekend. He’s such a good kid and he's a missionaries dream. His testimony of the church is amazing. So as you can tell, I think he is pretty awesome.

Centia-15, her baptism is this weekend also. She is a very, very, shy girl.
The first lesson with her, I think she said two sentences. My first impression was, I didn't know what to think? Now she hás learned to trust us and talk during the lessons. She’s been to church a few times and hás finally said: “Yes, I'd like to be baptized." ;)

José-82, Love this Guy! His hearing is definitely poor and that makes it difficult during the lessons. But we met him three weeks ago and he went to church that Sunday and every Sunday since then. The thing he loves most about our church is how calm and tranquil our church is. It’s so true! There are over 100 churches in this small town and as we pass them each night pastors are screaming and yelling at people. ;') I'm thinking - how on earth can you feel the spirit? I'm not saying anything bad about other religions, but I would be terrified to sit there and get yelled at! {ha!} ;')

We have a few other families that we’re teaching. No special stories yet. The first lesson went well. (Still in the early stages ... but we’re getting there!)

Fun stuff: I was walking down the road the other day and I saw a kid score a goal in the street. I said “ohhhh”, gave him a high five. Then he asked if I play. Without saying a word my companion said: "yeah - give him the ball!"

I'm thinking “awe great” - I'm gonna shame the U.S.! I juggled it about 50 times with my head, paused it on the top of my head, rolled it down to my mouth and kissed it, then back to the top of my head. This kid was screaming “ohhhhhh”!!!! Then he asked me where I played?
“USA”, I answered. He cracked up laughing and didn't believe me!
I told him: “I'm serious”.
He pauses and said: “Whoa, you guys are finally learning how to play?!" Hahaha!!! Good times.

Cate+Morgan,
Glad you had the chance to hang with Ashley for a few days. I know the Lord will bless her greatly!
Morg,
Keep working hard bro! Cate, miss you a ton, love yer' guts. I thought the other day about how much of a jerk I was with you until about 18 years old. ;')
“You never know how great you’ve got it, until its gone." Same with us, you and I went to college, you got married, I left for my mission. Dang, Ive missed you!
Love you both,
Elder T

Mom+Dad,

Sorry Dad, I know that you want to hear all my stories. However, all of my stories are in my journal and I never remember to bring it to the computer on p-day. You’ll hear them ALL when I get home in 2011. ;)
Hopefully this letter is better then usual. Dad I saw a picture of an investigator playing golf and I immediately thought of you. Fishing as well. You remember 2 years ago when you and I caught that 150 pound tarpon and that Shark ate your Snook??? No one in Brazil believes my fish stories. Oh IF they only knew? ;')

Mom, you are special. Mom, I know it's been rough on you with Dad, Cate, and I out of the house. You definitely deserve a break. My hero parents. I want everyone to know that the Book of Mormon is the greatest book ever written. It means the world to me to read it everyday. (Like the book of Enos, “My soul hungered”.) I'd like to read it once more this year, along with the New Testament, and Jesus the Christ. Solid goal, huh? ;')
This church is true.
Beijo e abraço,
Elder Tyree

No comments:

Post a Comment