Hello family ~
I just got back from a long day at the Temple and loved every minute of it. The only sad part is, once again I don't have much time to email. Our Ward Mission leader loves us and told us to write our families before our weekly meeting. So I'm very grateful for the time I have to write you a short email.
Gosh ... I love my fam. So I'll start with the rough news of my week. It was pretty challenging. Portuguese seems like a roller-coaster time for me. One minute I'm flying the next I'm struggling. I'm the first American companion Elder Henriques has had and he's got a lot on his plate already. I'm constantly praying to learn this language and for patience. Temples have a way of smoothing things out and changing your perspective. Very relaxing and spiritual. The greatest thing was remembering Cate and Morgan's Sealing and listening to the words over and over. It's really something special. Afterwards, we had an amazing buffet lunch. (Brazilian food is incredible to me) Of course, not as good as Mom's - but she already knew that. ;)
This past week our branch had an open house. Went very well, we now have over 46 references of members. Amazing that we have the opportunity of turning a branch into a Ward. Very exciting!
Cate+Morgan,
That's awesome Cate. - 6 weddings booked! Your rich. ;') Keep plugging at it girl. I'm sorry to hear about Ash ... I hope she feels better soon. I have given 4 blessings this week. I can't give her a blessing, so give her a hug. Wait, I can't do that either. High-five? ;')
Morgan,
Keep working hard man. I know you'll do great.
Love you both a lot!
Elder T
Mom+Dad,
I have been praying for you both. This time for how sincerely grateful I am for the both of you. Without your influence, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to learn and grow in the gospel. I've learned so much about the gospel since I have started to serve as a Missionary. One chapter I loved reading this week was in Helaman 5 ... it really opened my eyes. This church is true, there is no doubt in my mind.
Love you all,
Elder Tyree
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment