This week honestly went by slowly!
I know it's because I didn't get to email the family. It feels like it's been forever! Just shows how much you all mean to me. My family email, is my battery! I only need to charge it once every Tuesday for me to run all week. :)
So my life in Taboão is going well. It's a little stressful, we’re both sênior comps, we are both 5 months into the mission, and we are opening this área. My zone has the highest baptizing zone in the mission. However, my área is always the lowest with baptisms. {Lol –Go Figure!}. I'm really happy to be here and to work hard with the Brazilian people and I'll tell you why ... Two weeks ago our numbers weren’t special at all. Only thing that was going well - was our contacts. We made a ton! But the sad thing is, no one wants to give us two minutes to talk. Tough, tough, stuff. The lessons started to fall through, no one was home, and depression for the week started to hit. Our prayers were long and desperate. So we started teaching less actives, going to the members, etc. This was really successful and now the members of our branch (not a ward yet) trust us and want to work with us. I sincerely feel our first week's "numbers" weren’t so hot. It's a good thing the mission is not all about numbers! :) That was the first step we needed in this área - trust! Another awesome part about my week is that I am closer with my companion. He was seriously depressed the first week. I offered to give him a blessing and he said: “yeah, that's much needed right about now." I went in a quiet room alone and prayed for the spirit and then gave him a blessing of comfort. Completely guided by the spirit, I've never given a blessing when the words flowed so easily. I teared up as I finished the blessing and saw that my companion also had tears flowing. He gave me a great big hug and thanked me. Made my day! Love my work ... honestly I do.
The hardest thing in my life, but at the same time the Best!
Mom, Dad, Cate, Morgan -
I want you all to know, first hand, my prayers have been answered since I have been on my mission. Mom - with caring for the kids, Dad - with safety, knowledge and strength for a future job. Cate - with work in photography, happiness and success. Morgan - that he’ll get accepted into a Grad school. I truly feel overwhelmed, the Lord has blessed our family greatly.
May we overcome our trials with the help of the Lord. I love our family.
Love you all,
Elder Tyree
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment