E ai minha família ~
The first week of the transfer is already over. Hard to believe né?
It went by kind of slow at first, then picked back up again. I was a little frustrated with some little things my companion was doing and I felt in order for things to pick back up again and for me to be happy, I needed to be 100% loving and helpful. Turns out, that’s what the medicine was! - so life’s good. ;')
My story for the week … I was on a division with the District Leader - Elder B. Santos, which started off great. Then low and behold the rains came! When it rains here, it pours. Similar to Florida, but it doesn’t stop for a day or two. The purpose of our division was to go door to door to meet people and hopefully make some wonderful contacts. I learned quickly that people don’t like coming out of their houses during a rain storm. {haha!}.
However, we met some great, new, investigators - two of whom went to church this past Sunday and loved it. As our day was coming to a close we heard a “pshhw” sound. Usually a sound someone makes here in Brazil when they like you. I’m thinking “awww, great another snaky!". As we turn around we see a man walking towards us. Now I'm thinking “awww great we’re gonna be robbed." (We were in an area we didn’t know very well). Turns out he was a really nice guy that had a sad problem. His house was flooded and we could see it was. His wife was with his 1 year old daughter, and she was crying because she has no diapers. (Sometimes, it's really hard to tell the beggars from the sincere). He asked us if we could buy some diapers for him. He started crying after Santos bought some for him. He said: “Ive never asked someone for money in my life, but I've asked for diapers now." I can honestly say that the spirit guided us both to help this man. Before we left we shared many stories about the gospel with him. He seemed to love us and the gospel we shared. We are praying that he comes to church with his family on Sunday. The other part was we had only a little money left for dinner. As we went to the grocery store we met a couple from a different Ward. I talked with him for quite some time, turns out he served a mission in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. After we grabbed everything we needed they told the woman at the register, “We´ll pay for them." :) The lord is always looking out for us and helping us constantly when we are in need!
Love,
Elder Tyree
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment