Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Elder Tyree's Email Home ~ October 13, 2009 ~

Hello my awesome, familia and friends!
So glad that I can write to you today to tell you how life's been.

Up until today, the week has been very challenging for me.
My companion went home for reasons I can not discuss, but it was family related. So that really crushed me last Wednesday.
I didn't know what to think ... it was the most unexpected thing.
So I am teamed up with my other two roommates and we are doing amazing. We are all devoted to this work and striving to push one another.

Since I am only able to hear from family once a week it has been very difficult for me. - But Dad's advice to me (or) should I say Mom's advice to Dad really helped. Suck it up son! ;)
{Mother's Note:I did not say this.}

Also, going to the Temple for the first time today was incredible!
I have been to 3 different Temples on different continents. I was able to do Initiatories with my companions and loved it, because they took us to the Celestial room afterwards. I prayed with my companions for about 45minutes. It changes your attitude completely!
Then on our bus journey home, overhearing several missionaries talking about one of their companion's who isn't a very good worker, etc. - I wanted to yell at them and say: "you know if you spent as much time helping this Elder rather then making fun of him then you and him would be better! - But I held back because during my first or second week, that's what I probably thought. Trying to be more Christlike on my mission starts with my very own companions. Good lesson.

Its very strange but I believe I'm in the best shape of my life. I wake up and work out for a short while, go to gym and work out, and go to bed working out. Sooo nice to exercise, with all of our studies. Helps the mind. ;)

Cate + Morgan, Love you both!! It's okay that there isn't much going on in Utah. My days don't change much either! But I'm grateful you write to me anyway.
Morgan, South America is the place to be! The people are slightly hard to understand but extremely warm and friendly. When you both are rich, we'll come back down for a visit.

Mom and Dad, glad to hear that you are keeping a positive attitude. I can honestly say that I know how you feel. My solution to this problem-One, I live in Brazil! Two-This is my 5th week out. Time flies! You´ll be home before you know it and you can retire Dad and be home with Mom and the kids, buy a fishing boat, and your sports car. Life's good! ;)
{Mother's note: where did this idea come from?}

Mom you are not chopped liver! I am your biggest fan. Remember that! So glad to hear that I could help you out with the move to Williamsburg. Love you!

Maybe this joke will help you out this week:

"So at the recent General Conference Thomas S. Monson was leaving in his Protected Van. Several minutes into the drive, President Monson asked if he could drive. The chauffeur agreed, pulled over, and President took the wheel. A few minutes later lights start flashing in the rear view mirror, President pulls over and waits for the officer to talk to him.

The officer takes a few steps and realizes who the driver is. Frantically he runs back to his car and radios the Chief.
Chief, We have a problem. I just pulled over someone famous!
Was it another cop?
No, someone really important.
Well did you pull over a Chief?
No, someone even bigger.
The commander of the army?
No! Someone really, really, really important!
For heavens sake is it the President of the United states?
Well sir, Thomas S. Monson is driving the van, so I'm pretty sure God is in the back.
(sorry if you thought it was dumb, a teacher here shared that to us and I thought it was funny)
My humor is a little different now, I can feel it slipping away from me. {Sad Day}

Devin and Alli, keep being who you are. Devin you are a Pro at horseback riding!
Alli I miss your smile!
Family I miss and love you and I look forward to hearing from you next week!

Eu Amo VOCÊS!
Elder Tyree
{Mother's note: we love you too Elder Tyree}

No comments:

Post a Comment