Dear Mom ~
Well the time has finally come, I'm in the beloved nation of Brazil. The most amazing and loving country I have ever visited. The day coming to Brazil was surely a thrill, but the wait was worth it. I had a great talk with a woman on the plane ride to Sao Paulo. She was traveling there to attend her mothers funeral. I felt like I should share things about my own family and our beliefs - that families can be together forever. It was comforting to her to hear those things, and she told me that I had a great spirit. I loved hearing those things.
The view from my room is indescribable! The four of us in our room open the window every morning and night and gasp, DANG. We´re in Brazil! I love the Elders in my group, the four of us have grown close and enjoy being roommates. We can always have a laugh, but also can turn on our work and focus button the moment we walk into class. Perfect!
Mom, Thought I would tell you that my new address is being mailed to you and should arrive this week. I would like to thank you for the way you raised me. Many guys don´t seem ready to work and I feel blessed that I'm ready to be out here. And when I get back I'll simply let you pick out Mrs. Tyree for me. Mama knows best.
My time has run out for computer time. Cant wait to hear from the family again next week.
Write when you can - I love hearing from family and friends. I need pictures!
Voce Ama,
{Love you}
Elder Kyle Tyree
Dad!!!
Its working, I'm so happy to hear from you! I love Brazil with all my heart. The slums to me are the most beautiful site I have ever seen. I'm taking pictures that I'll try to send within the next month or so. I am honestly so blessed to be in such a wonderful city, where the people are loving and dying to hear the gospel. Tell me how is life going in Afghanistan? I have heard recent stories about the US getting further involved in Iran, and its very scary knowing that these things are going on during my mission, but I don't know the details or latest news. Then it's also comforting to know that I'm serving on the greatest side there is! ;) I have been thinking a lot about you recently and hoping that you're well.
Voce Ama,
{Love you}
Elder Tyree
P.S. I Cant wait to go fishing with you in Alaska when we both get back!
Cate,
Thank you my favorite older sister, I can´t describe how much it means to me when I get a letter from you and the fam. It's one of the most amazing times in my life, but when you don't get to hear from family its sometimes sad. Hence, why they give us P-DAY's when we can re-energize our two year batteries ha ;)
I gave Mom my new address so if you wouldn't mind sending me some snail mail ones, I can respond longer. Cate I love these people, I walked around today for the first time around Sao Paulo and wanted to cry for a minute. So many faces that look sad. With two words in Portuguese I have the ability to change their view of the day. Boa Dia, Good morning. They simply can´t help but smile back and say the same two words.
I tried placing my first Book of Mormon at the airport, but she had several. I wasn't discouraged and we still talked for a while. I also talked with a woman on the plane whose mother had just passed away. Plus - that conversation was mostly in Portuguese. ;) I am learning this language very fast. I can say a full length prayer, bear my testimony, and teach the first two principles of the first lesson. It's just an - all out - amazing experience!
I miss you and Morgan, hope you both are doing well.
Voce Ama,
{Love you}
Elder Tyree
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment