Minha Família,
Hope you are all doing well! My week was great. Mainly because I have some exciting news! My Mission President called and asked for my departure date to be pushed forward to exactly two weeks from today, rather then four more! I am not nervous at all, yes I don't know the language whatsoever, but that will come in time and practice. I am ready to work with the people of Brazil!
{P.S. Mom if you could please let everyone know that sending mail via snail mail after today, won't get to me because I will be leaving the CTM for my mission area.}
We have our Brazilian roommates now. They are really helpful and fun to talk to. It seems the best subject to talk about is futébol. Ha, what a surprise!! Once we start that conversation at lunch, we´re booked for the entire time! Afterwards you've just become best friends, even if you don´t like the same teams. ;') The fact that a "gringo kid" {what they call me} knows the same amount of soccer knowledge as they do, surprises them ... good times!
At night we read a chapter in Portuguese aloud and my Brazilian companions are learning to read the English version. For me, I think when you read the scriptures in another language you tend to learn faster. Of course I'm no genius, but I think that's one of Heavenly Fathers gifts to us! :)
The food here is awesome! ... I'm told daily that I should enter myself in an eating contest of some sort!
I sing twice a week in choir - making a difference I hope.
I play volleyball everyday now - and I love that!
Sometimes I let myself get upset over little things, so praying with a sincere intent to be better, has calmed me tremendously.
Elder Richard D. Scott is speaking to the 300 of us here on Friday. I will shake an Apostle´s hand for the first time, so I am really looking forward to that!
Dad,
That's great to hear about the progress in Afghanistan. I know you're making a great difference for the people and country itself. I also hope you are able to travel home before Thanksgiving, that would be awesome! Thanks for the motivation you give me weekly. Your in my prayers Dad.
Love,
Elder Tyree.
Cate+Morgan,
When I see that you two write me, I always want to combine your names. Jeff had that tendency as well. So, if I say hey Catgan, it sounds like a gun of some sort.
If I say Morcat, it sounds like some sick guy asking to hand me the plate of cat. Sorry, I just really needed to get that off my chest ;') ha! Ummmm .... Anyways, I hope you two are doing great and that all of your tests will go well. Keep up the hard work! Your in my prayers.
Love,
Elder Tyree
Momma,
Sounds like Virginia is getting better each time I write to you, I know it's hard without Dad.
Hope that Allison starts to perk up and put some rose in those cheeks of hers.
I'm sure that you'll be hearing a lot about Devin missing horses. Maybe we should get him one ;) haha {just kidding}
Keep me updated on how life is at the house. I know that you are being watched over while Dad and I are away. You are in my prayers daily.
Love,
Elder Tyree
PS - Mom I need those addresses I requested last week please. For Weston Fischer + Jeff Whitaker. My best bet for finding them would be through their Momma's.
Also, just in case you were wondering "mission ties".com is similar to dear elder.com - If you would like to send letters that way. I think its 4 dollars a month. Maybe you could look into it ...
Well family I love you all. You are all in my prayers!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I love reading these weekly letters from Elder Kyle. He sounds like he is doing well. Can't wait to hear from his experiances in the field.
ReplyDelete