Tuesday, October 27, 2009

~ Email Home ~ October 27th ~

Muito mutio bom mae, e Boa tarde minha família,
Last P-Day in the MTC. Then its out into the real world!

This week has been great so far. I gave a talk on Sunday and the lesson as well. President gave me a big hug afterwards and thanked me for being here. I am going to miss him. President Packham. He knows how to relate to the Elders and keeps us smiling. The funny thing about giving talks on Sunday's, is you never know when your giving one. They call you up after Sacrament. I like that because it teaches you to always be on your toes.

I'm very glad to hear the positive things about my President and his Wife. Looking forward to meeting them next week. This past week, meeting and shaking the hands of an Apostle was incredible. I looked into those eyes for a second and knew that he truly is a disciple of Christ. He is a small man with a large love for the missionaries. His humor and testimony lifted our hearts.

Dad - That is so true about speaking the language. Sometimes it's awkward talking in another language, that I don't know well. I frequently find myself in long conversations with our Brazilian roommates about families, life, mission, etc. I know that its going to be an entire different ball game next week. No problem, I'll get it in time.

Morgan and Cate,
Sorry to hear that you are sick Morgan - hope that clears up soon. Also sorry to hear about BYU getting killed apparently? Who knows ... I don't really care for the sports news these days. The language has started to plateau as the MTC comes to a close for me. They can only teach you so much, you really need to do the work and then I'm sure my knowledge will sky rocket. Still haven't received your snail mail, but looking forward to reading it. Also, a major congrats on the photography contest! Your a pro!
Love you both very much and hope all continues to go well.

Dad - Those photos were muito legal (means way cool) (le-ga-ll).
I showed them to my companions, very impressed. The photo with your backs turned and the children holding your hands is my favorite. You can feel the love they have for you. Great stuff Dad. Hope your week continues to go well!
Love,
Elder Tyree

Momma,
Mom your email was a joy to read. The love that your friends have for our family is much needed. Not only for our family but for the benefit of this church. On many occasions missionaries see converts slip away from the church due to the lack of friendships or hospitality.
Please thank Joyce, Cathy, and Taylor for me .. for helping you at church this week.
If you ever see the opportunity to welcome a new member, please do. A simple hello can change them.
I'm glad to hear that everything has fallen into place while we're gone. I pray that this continues and your opportunity to serve in your new calling will bless you greatly.
Happy to hear that the kids are loving life, Devin always has a great attitude for school.
Alli was always great for me ;) so she better stay that way, while I'm gone.

Well fam, keep the good news rolling-in and look for missionary opportunities.
Love to all of the family please!
Eu sei este igreja é verdadeiro, com todo meu corãço.Eu amo vocés.
Elder Tyree
Thank you for the addresses, I'll email you my new one next week.!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so not surprised by the contents of this letter! Kyle is an awesome young man who has an amazing family! He is going to be the BEST missionary they've ever had! Hugs to Kyle! Can he read this blog by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rennie,
    No Kyle can't read the blog ... he sends weekly emails, and I just post them. He will have it when he gets home. ;') Looking forward to pictures soon! oxoxo Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome young man...so thrilled for what he is about to experience. You should feel very good about your efforts as his mommy and daddy! Good job!

    ReplyDelete